Start a new topic

Unity WikitudeCamera Cropped Off Screen

Issue is present on both Unity 2018.3.6f1 & Unity 2018.3.11f1 (latest) however I can only seem to reproduce this on my laptop, as everything works fine on my PC. 

I have tried both internal and external webcams but the issue is still the same. The steps I took were switching platform to android, removing the Main Camera, adding in the WikitudeCamera, changing he webcam to my external webcam and finally playing live preview. 

Results:

Hi, 

Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please confirm that the same webcam is working correctly on your PC, but not on your laptop? We've seen similar reports from other customers, but we're having trouble reproducing this issue internally, so every bit of information help.

Additionally, can you try changing the resolution of the Game panel, from "Free Aspect" to something else? Does matching the resolution of the camera, for example, help with the issue?

Thank you,
Alexandru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs774p0xGw&feature=youtu.be

This video should confirm that the webcam functions on my PC but not my laptop, and that changing the resolution from Free Aspect to the webcam's resolution doesn't fix the issue. 

If you have managed to solve the issue for the other customers, then I would really appreciate it if you could share the fix.

Many thanks,

jed

Hi !

I'am currently having the same issue even if my webcam works good. (I did some test with my webcam in unity whithout wikitudecamera)

If there is any solution, give me the info please.

Unity version : 2019.2.0b3

Hi, 

The issue is caused by display scaling options in Windows. This will be fixed in the next update, but until then, please make sure that scaling is set to 100%.

Thank you,

Alexandru

1 person likes this

I would also like to confirm that the similar cropping issue occurs for me using both Wikitude 8.4 and 8.5 on both Unity 2018.4.3f1 and Unity 2019 but both SDK versions work without cropping problems on Unity 2018.2.11f1

Actually I forgot to say that the cropping happens on every sample scene for Wikitude 8.4 and 8.5 in Unity 2018.4 and Unity 2019, except for the Plugin - Advanced Custom Camera scene which shows the camera feed to the full extent and the expected aspect ratio.

Hi,

Are your issues also caused by having a higher display scaling setting? Or is it already set to 100%.

We've reported this issue to Unity and they confirmed it, but we're still waiting on a resolution.

Thank you,
Alexandru

Scaling from windows setting solved it for me, but it's unusable really everything is so small because of the high resolution of my laptop, has the issue been fixed yet? 

Hi, 

This issue was reported to Unity and reproduced by them, but they decided that they won't fix this issue. We're searching for workarounds, but at the moment I don't have any release date for a possible fix.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/windows-high-dpi-scaling-breaks-graphics-dot-drawtexture

Best regards,

Alexandru

I am having the same issue.

I have recently updated my windows from 8.1 Home to 10 Home and now I am not able to use my game play window. I am using wikitude camera and the camera is getting on(I can see the light glow) without any issue but the game windows remains black. There is no report generating in the console for that. I have also reinstalled my Unity and wikitude to the latest version. The same issue was consistent with 2018.8.4f and now also with 2019.2.9f.

Please please please please help!

Hi, 

The original issue reported that the camera image is partially cut off, but what you are reporting is that the entire game window remains black. Could you please confirm that this seems like a separate issue?

Here are a few things you could try:

Have you tried resizing the game window? Can you see anything else in the game window (for example UI, or static geometry placed in front of the camera?

Does the regular Windows camera app work correctly? Do you have any UI scaling set in Windows and have you tried reseting that to 100%?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hey Alexandru, Yes, it is a separate issue. I tried resizing and reinstalling. Also had set my Windows UI scaling to 100%, 110% and 125% too. My camera is also working properly. Today I also tried the same with Unity 2017.4.2f2. But the issue is not resolving. It is just black. I really need this to be resolved ASAP Thank you

Hi,

Which version of the SDK are you using? Does this happen with the sample project provided in the package as well, or just with your project? Are you able to run successfully on a device?

Thank you,

Alexandru

Hi,

I have the same issue on Windows10, Unity version 2019.2.6f1, Wikitude sdk 8.7.0 with the Imager Tracking - Simple example.

Login or Signup to post a comment