Start a new topic

Package via nuget.org only contains Android

Is it intentional, that there is only one NuGet package available on nuget.org, which only contains the Android assembly?

When downloading the packages from the website, there's two identically described packages, one for Android, one for iOS. That seems to be odd.

We would like to switch to NuGet, but... well :-)

Regards

2 people have this problem

Hey Peter,

sorry but both packages are the same. No matter which tab I click on. Both times I get the 16 MB Android Version.

Regards,

Sascha

Hi all,

as Andreas mentioned, we didn't bundle both packages in one .nupkg yet.

The Android package is available here and the iOS package here (same page, different tab). We will update the package on NuGet.org once the package includes both platforms.

Hope this clarifies the confusion!

Best,

Peter

The download page only links the Android version for me! 

The iOS file posted here did not work for me. :(

Hi There.

the 7.2.1 nuget packages on the download page are still linking to 7.2.0?

Well in that case i would prefer two NuGet packages, one for Android, one for iOS, e.g.

* com.wikitude.xamarin.component.droid.7.2.0.nupkg

* com.wikitude.xamarin.component.ios.7.2.0-2.nupkg

That way both could be provided via NuGet.org and the download itself would be less confusing as well.

Xamarin Forms is a different topic.

Thanks for your help Andreas.

Have you got any plans to port this over to Xamarin forms? 

Hi Simon,

It makes total sense that it only installs for iOS since it only contains an iOS library.

We don't have a setup that allows us to bundle both, iOS and Android, into the same .nupkg. We will add this soon. For now the download links on our download page only contain the platform that was selected (in the tab).

7.2.1 download links are following today.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas. That one installs happily for IOS - but not for Andriod.

I did also notice the 7.2.1 Android Nuget download link still points to 7.2.0 download.

I was able to install the 7.2.0 from Nuget.org into the Android project alongside the 7.2.1 IOS link you provided.

Hi Simon,

Could you please try the NuGet package from this download link and let me know if that one behaves differently?

Best regards,

Andreas

I have exactly the same problem. Even downloading it directly doesn't work. I can see that the .nupkg file for IOS is different to the Android one (361Mb as opposed to 16), but attempting to install it to an IOS project gives the following:

Restoring packages for E:\VS Projects\App6\App6\App6.iOS\App6.iOS.csproj...

Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 is not compatible with xamarinios10 (Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0). Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 is not compatible with xamarinios10 (Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0) / win. Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 is not compatible with xamarinios10 (Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0) / win-x64. Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 is not compatible with xamarinios10 (Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0) / win-x86. Package com.wikitude.xamarin.component 7.2.0 supports: monoandroid80 (MonoAndroid,Version=v8.0)

Package restore failed. Rolling back package changes for 'App6.iOS'.

Hello,

Did you try to download the package from our Download page?

Thanks

Eva

Login or Signup to post a comment