Start a new topic

Not able Build APP for Store + Wikitude plugin

We are getting this error while uploading IPA for apple store. If we are adding wikitude library in embedded Binaries - we are getting following error.

ERROR ITMS-90087: "Unsupported Architectures. The executable for MODS.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework contains unsupported architectures'[x86_64, i386]'."

ERROR ITMS-90087: "Unsupported Architectures. The executable for MODS.app/Frameworks/ '[x86_64, i386]'."

ERROR ITMS-90209: "Invalid Segment Alignment. The app binary at 'MODS.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK' does not have proper segment alignment. Try rebuilding the app with the latest Xcode version."

ERROR ITMS-90209: "Invalid Segment Alignment. The app binary at 'MODS.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework/WikitudeSDK' does not have proper segment alignment. Try rebuilding the app with the latest Xcode version."

ERROR ITMS-90125: "The binary is invalid. The encryption info in the LC_ENCRYPTION_INFO load command is either missing or invalid, or the binary is already encrypted. This binary does not seem to have been built with Apple's linker."

ERROR ITMS-90125: "The binary is invalid. The encryption info in the LC_ENCRYPTION_INFO load command is either missing or invalid, or the binary is already encrypted. This binary does not seem to have been built with Apple's linker."

WARNING ITMS-90080: "The executable 'Payload/MODS.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework' is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 - Building a Position Independent Executable in the iOS Developer Library."

WARNING ITMS-90080: "The executable 'Payload/MODS.app/Frameworks/WikitudeSDK.framework' is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 - Building a Position Independent Executable in the iOS Developer Library."

1 person has this problem

We are currently stuck with the same problem after adding the WikitudeSDK.Framework to the project and include it as embedded Framework.

Building for the devices works while uploading to iTunes Connect does not.

We managed to upload the App after implementing the script posted as solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42641806/check-and-remove-unsupported-architecture-x86-64-i386-in-ipa-archive

Hope this helps.

2 people like this

Hi Dietmar,

Thx for sharing the SO link here. With the upcoming 7.1 release of our SDK we will add some scripts to the download package to remove simulator architectures for AppStore submissions and to remove bitcode if it's not needed.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Robert,

Please follow the SO link until we released version 7.1 of our SDK with the above mentioned scripts.

Best regards,

Andreas

Thanks a lot Dietmar for this solution.

Was this problem present since the release of SDK 7 ?!

@wikitude : why don't you release more minor versions to quickly fix these kind of critical bugs ? 

Hi Amaury,

SDK 7.0.0 was the first release which shipped as official Apple .framework including simulator architectures.

We're about to release the next minor update or our SDK within the next days. Please note that it will ship with all architectures included as we don't know in which environment the SDK is running (device or simulator) but the package will include some scripts that you can use to remove unused architects or bitcode support. But those scripts need to be run by the developer. That's nothing we can do.

Best regards,

Andreas

Same issue here. What's the status of the minor update?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

the update will be available as public pre-release tomorrow and the final public release as soon as the final version of Xcode is available.

It will include the mentioned scripts, but please keep in mind that there is always some manual work required. So it doesn't matter if you use the script from Stack Overflow or the ones that will be part of the Wikitude download package, you always need to either call out scripts upfront or embed them in your Xcode project. 

So you don't need to necessarily wait for our public release but simply use the SO scripts to make your app ready for review.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for our response. 

I had a few issues but the SO script eventually worked. I hope the final solution is simple. 

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yesterday we released the next SDK update. This update includes scripts to strip simulator architecture and remove bitcode. You can find the documentation here.

Let me know what you thing about them.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hello,

Just to let you guys know, this bug is alive and kicking still. I had to apply the suggested solution in stackoverflow.

Cheers!

Hi Joanan,

We will release the next update of our SDK shortly and it contains some improvements regarding this topic. 

Please respond to this entry if you need early access.

Best regards,

Andreas

Login or Signup to post a comment