Start a new topic

8.10 and 9.0 official sample app android black screen issue 'Access denied finding property “persist.camera.cfa.packagelist”'

Hello team,

Both the 8.10 and 9.0 version of Wikitude Xamarin gives a black screen, both in our app and with the sample app. That only happens on one of our two android devices, but the issue did not exist with the previous versions.

Device : LG G6 (LGE LGM-G600K)

Android : 8.0, api 26

What happens : black screen when opening the samples

Please find the full output attached. More noticeably, this output caught our attention, which isn't returned when debugging our second device :

04-23 15:58:04.721 E/libc    (16117): Access denied finding property "persist.camera.cfa.packagelist"

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

txt
(86 KB)

Hi Marlene,

We have tested with the next devices: Google PIxel 3, Google Pixel 3A XL, Huawei P20, LG G5 and LG Q7 and everyone of them are working fine.

Could you please tell me your steps to reproduce this issue? I'm also interested on the other device you did test.

Regards,

Aitor.

Hello Aitor,

Thank you for your reply. The steps are pretty straightforward I'm afraid :

• clone the official sample repository https://github.com/Wikitude/wikitude-xamarin-examples
  • open the project with visual studio community 2019
  • build and run on the device
  • Tap Image tracking => "Image on Target" or "Different Targets" (seems to be the same with all the other samples I tried)
On our LG G6 (exact model : LGE LGM-G600K), the webview display but there is a black screen instead of the camera picture
On our other test device, a Wikio view 2 (W_C800), everything works fine.

The sample app worked fine on both devices with the version 8.2. Please find attached a screenshot of the exact issue.

Hi Marlene,

Unfortunately, following you steps didn't make any change -> I still could not reproduce your issue on the devices I am testing with: Google Pixel 3A XL and LG G5. 

From the log you sent me I also could not find anything that I could use so I would have 2 requests for you: Could you check if the camera permission for the application is given in that device? Could you open the camera application from the device to see if the camera is being opened there?

Regards,

Aitor.

Hello Aitor,

• Could you check if the camera permission for the application is given in that device?
Yes it is
  • Could you open the camera application from the device to see if the camera is being opened there?
Yes, everything works. As I said, even the wikitude sample app with the version 8.2 works perfectly fine on this device, which is why I do not suspect an hardware issue.

Thanks for your help

Since I cannot reproduce the issue, i'm afraid I cannot help you with this. Nevertheless I will create a task to monitor this in the next weeks in case some of our devices shows a similar behaviour.

Thanks for reporting it.

Kind regards,

Aitor.

Hello Aitor,

We found a 'hack' to solve the issue, nothing elegant, but at least we are sure it will work on all android devices :

//******HACK*******//
		AR.hardware.camera.enabled = false;
		AR.hardware.camera.position = AR.CONST.CAMERA_POSITION.FRONT;
		AR.hardware.camera.position = AR.CONST.CAMERA_POSITION.BACK;
		AR.hardware.camera.enabled = true;

(to call in the architect javascript at the beginning)

So somehow, the camera initialization isn't correctly done on some device. The sample app won't work without this addition on our device, but at least we can release our update.

A fix would still be appreciated as it slow down the startup of the scanner a bit :/

Kind regards,

Hi,

Thank you very much for sharing this "hack" with us, it gives us a clue of where to start to look at.

Regards,

Aitor.

1 person likes this

Hi Aitor,

I'm glad it helps. One additional information : strangely, after this 'hack', the super wide angle camera ends up being used by the SDK instead of the regular one.

Kind regards,

Hi Marlene,

To dig the problem a bit deep, we need you to quickly test our JS and native examples to see if this problem is also reproducible with the same device:  https://www.wikitude.com/download-wikitude-sdk-for-android/ -> if you click the Download SDK buttons, there is a working example inside the zip files you download. This information is helpful in order to know if the problem comes from Xamarin or our SDK.

Regards,

Aitor.

Login or Signup to post a comment