Start a new topic

White screen after history.back. Maybe history.back

Hello.
I'm using Cordova with Wikitude. 

App works good. But, when I'm swiping from left side to the center of iPhone happening something strange.

Watch the video in attach please

mp4

Hi Yegor,

Could you please explain the issue in more detail - from the video itself it's not clear enough what the issue is. Please also provide the following details:

• Which version of the SDK are you using?
  • What Cordova version are you using?
  • What device does this happen with (model details and OS version)?
  • Is this happening with the sample app or in your own app? If it happens with your own app, Does the sample app work on your device?

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Hello.

– Version of the SDK - 8.4.0 – Cordova version - 9.0.1  

– iPhone 6s, version 12.1

I checked sample app. There is the same problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1phsPQ5em4OgDjdu3hZe6Uivp6xeGeYs6/view?usp=sharing

You decided the problem in this ticket:

https://support.wikitude.com/support/discussions/topics/5000076864/page/2?url_locale=

But, I can't use your decision for current version of SDK

Hello. 

Do you have some information or decision? 

Hi,

But, I can't use your decision for current version of SDK --> so you have the same issue with the white background with the latest SDK 8.7? I just tried the Cordova SDK sample app for version 8.7 on a iPhone 6s+ and iOS 12.0 and the swiping from the left to the center, when in an AR experience goes back to the list view with all the samples.

Could you please provide further details on the exact issue - from the video it's not clear and it looks like you're now testing with the Cordova sample app that we provide in the Cordova SDK and the documentation referring to.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

You are right. And how can I cancel this behavior?

You mean removing the swipe action to exit the AR view? If so, do any of these forum post help:

https://support.wikitude.com/support/search/topics?term=How+to+disable+swipe+exit+in+iOS+from+AR+World

Thx and greetings

Nicola

1 person likes this

Hi Yegor,

the relevant pieces of code can be found here and here.

- Daniel

1 person likes this

Thanks Daniel and Nicola.

I've changed sources. It's work.

Thanks for this Daniel, I needed to disable the close to swipe function as well and I'm using the Cordova plugin to the SDK.  I just commented out the code in the didSwipeBack method in WTARViewController.m and rebuilt the project. It seems to have done the trick. Is this the recommended approach? 

- (void)didSwipeBack:(UISwipeGestureRecognizer *)recognizer

{

/* commenting out to disable swipe close

if (self.architectDelegate) {

if ([self.architectDelegate respondsToSelector:@selector(architectViewControllerWillDisappear:)]) {

[self.architectDelegate architectViewControllerWillDisappear:self];

}

}

*/

}

I'll need to remember this when updating the plugin/SDK. From the posts it seems like quite a few people have wanted to disable the swipe to close gesture and implement a close button, do you think it would be a possible feature request to have a configuration option to disable the swipe available directly in the plugin? 

Good morning,

yes, that is exactly what you need to do. I realize that having to change something in the plugin itself it a bit unintuitive, but that's the nature of the current implementation, I'm afraid, and why we do provide the source for it.

- Daniel

Login or Signup to post a comment