Start a new topic

AR.platform.sendJSONObject problem in IOS

Hello,

We are developing an AR app using Ionic and your Cordova SDK. We seem to have a problem when try sending to the Ionic platform data. The error that is been logged is: 

Invalid callback id received by sendPluginResult

We are using the Wikitude SDK 8.3. We know that Ionic is not officially supported by you but any input will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thx for your patience on the reply. Our technical team the last days investigated this topic further to see if we can provide any other ideas or workarounds on how to fix this problem. As you mentioned already in your original post, as we’re not officially supporting Ionic, we don’t have the setup internally to provide you with more ideas than what Andreas already mentioned. Unfortunately there are no other quick-fixes / workarounds that our team can provide you with for the mentioned issue.

Did you already reach out an Ionic specific forum / source?

Should you need anything further, just let me know anytime.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Andreas,

We are searching for a solution for a couple weeks but we dont have find anything. The problem still persists.

Ionic framework autogenerates the xcode project so it is impossible for us to just replace the Cordova app Code with the Ionic app code as you suggested. 

Also we noticed that on Android devices everything is working as expected. If you can be more clear with a possible solution it will be very helpful.

Thank in advance 

Hi,

To bridge between the Wikitude Cordova plugin code and the Cordova app code, we keep the a callback id in the Wikitude Cordova plugin. Based on the error message and out of my head I could imagine that the callback in the Cordova app code is not available anymore when the Wikitude Architect World is calling `AR.platform.sendJSONObject` and the Wikitude Cordova plugin tries to call the Cordova app callback.

You could verify that your Cordova app code callback function is valid at all times.

Best regards,

Andreas Schacherbauer

PS: you can replace `Cordova app code` with `Ionic app code` and everything should still be true.

Login or Signup to post a comment