Start a new topic

Unity Live Preview on PC is not working (Unity 2018.3.0f2, Wikitude 8.2)

Hi,

I just removed the default camera and added wikitude camera. When click on Live preview, its showing blank. Please let me know how to address this issue.

I'm using Window 10, but the build setting are for PC.

-Sree

1 person has this problem

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. In AR Foundation scenes, we're relying entirely on AR Foundation to provide the platform functionality we require. Since that is not available in the Editor, Live Preview also doesn't work.

The current workaround for this issue is to use the AR Foundation Editor Remote package from the Asset Store. You can find a quick introduction regarding that in our documentation:
https://www.wikitude.com/external/doc/expertedition/UnitySupportedPackages.html#ar-foundation-editor-remote

Best regards,

Alexandru

edit;
After some digging i found that only live preivew only works in the non-AR-foundation scenes. Must be the URP upgrader tool that's not applying changes in those scenes.

Video preview also doesn't work.
Using URP 11.0.0

Necroing this post;
live preview not working - tried both webcam and remote camera methods.
Unity 2021.1.22f1
Wikitude 9.10.0

Hi similar problem here. The live web cam preview is croped and with wrong aspect on my PC. I can use my camera normally with my PC and Vuforia projects.

Thank you

GT

Hi I am having the same issue. I have tried on both internal and external webcams and the live preview crops my webcam off screen. This was occuring on Unity 2018.3.6f1 and I have just now downloaded the latest update from unity (Unity 2018.3.11f1) and the problem still remains. If I use the same webcam on my PC there is no issues, even on the same build of Unity. 

Help would be greatly appreciated since I need this to run from laptop. 

Many thanks,

Jed

Hi, 

On which devices do you have the rendering issues?

Are there any errors printed in the console?

I'm also not sure what you mean with "the C# support gets shotty in ios with <2018.3".

Thank you,

Alexandru

We're having rendering issues with anything past 2018.1, 2018.2 produces a cropped video image, and 2018.3 produces a black image.

waiting for support for the LWRP in unity >2018.1
the C# support gets shotty in ios with <2018.3, so really hoping for upgrades soon.

Hi, 

Did you also add a tracker (image, object, instant) to the scene?

Which Live Preview Mode are you using? For Web Cam mode, you need an external camera connected to the PC. For Remote Camera you need an Android device with Unity Remote connected to the editor.

Are there any errors in the console?

Also, which version of the Wikitude SDK and of Unity are you using?

Thank you,
Alexandru

Login or Signup to post a comment