Start a new topic

iOS - SDK 8.x - Crash with some old sdk 7 .wto files

Hi Wikitude, 

We have some problems on SDK 8 with old .wto files generated from the SDK 7 era. Some .wto files causes a lot of crash on iOS.

I attached two problematic .wto files to this message, with some image of the targets that causes crashes when they are pointed at.

In the best case we are able to track these objects for few seconds, and then the app crashes.

There is also a screenshot of an error log in xcode.

I reproduced the errors on the last cordova sample app (SDK8.2), by changing the firetruck.wto with my files, in this example : 06_ObjectTracking_1_BasicObjectTracking.

I used an iPhone 6s and an iPad Pro 9.7" with iOS 12. Tell me if you need more info to reproduce the bug.

I also tried to import these files in wikitude studio manager (within a new sdk 8 "object project"), in order to reexport the targets in a new SDK 8 .wto file, but I have an error when I try to import the old files.

Hope you can have a look soon,

Amaury.

wto
wto

Hi!

I checked your provided wto files and it indeed seems that the files themselves are corrupt.

Do you still have the original video you uploaded for creating the map? If thats the case could you try to just recreate the map using our video?

Also it would be good to know whether those files worked using SDK 8.1 or 8.0?

BR,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Ok I'll try. 

But the fact that these files could be corrupted is strange as they work great with SDK 7 and Android (SDK 7 or 8).

Can you re-check by downloading the files directly from our server ? The "upload files" function from your forum have a strange behaviour sometime, which may have caused the files to be corrupted.

First case :

http://bourgoin.museopic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/chapelle1-31oct-1.wto

Second case :

http://bourgoin.museopic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/chapelle3-gauche-vitrine-6nov.wto

And for your last question, these files are not working on SDK 8.x on iOS, so that means 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2.

Thanks,

Amaury.

Login or Signup to post a comment