Start a new topic

Wikitude SDK for Flutter framework

Flutter is a new mobile framework (currently beta) from google that's used to build native applications for Android, IOS & the upcoming Fuchsia OS.

I would love to see wikitude sdk working on it.

Ref:

https://flutter.io/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

3 people like this idea

Hi Vinay,

thanks a lot for the feature request. We are evaluating new frameworks constantly and Flutter is an interesting candidate. I have a question for you and the community using Flutter already. Feel free to post below

- What are the things you like about Flutter?

- Why in your opinion is it different/better-suited than e.g. Cordova, Xamarin....

- Any important points from Flutter, that we should not miss when providing an integration?

Thx for your opinion!

I would also like to know if this feature will be released in the future...

1 person likes this

Hi Roberto,

As mentioned in the post from April, could you give some insight in the following:

- What are the things you like about Flutter?

- Why in your opinion is it different/better-suited than e.g. Cordova, Xamarin....

- Any important points from Flutter, that we should not miss when providing an integration?

Greetings

Nicola

Here are my responses below: 

1. What are the things you like about Flutter?

- It's cross platform which means you can develop apps for multiple supported platforms at the same time.

- It runs natively on every platform which gives better performance over hybrid apps. It's definitely faster than React Native.

- It is the primary option to build apps for the upcoming Fuchsia OS

- It's backed up google and is Opensource

- It enables Rapid development inspired by React Native.

- Easy to build UIs

- etc

2. Why in your opinion is it different/better-suited than e.g. Cordova, Xamarin....

- Performance and Community support.

- It runs natively which gives better performance over hybrid platforms like Cordova.

- Unlike react Native, flutter doesn't need a javascript bridge. Flutter definitely was inspired by other platforms. 

3. Any important points from Flutter, that we should not miss when providing an integration?

- Not that I aware of. It is still under active development with Flutter 1.0 release in December 2018. 

Note: I've used Wikitude for Android & Google Glass. The documentation and support from you guys were great. Hope to reach more users faster. Let me know if I could be Beta tester for your SDK on flutter.

1 person likes this

When can we expect to see this package ready?

Hi,

Flutter is an interesting candidate and we have it high on our list. But we can't give any timeline or details on when this exention might come. 

Once there are any news / updates, we'll let you know via this thread.

Thx and greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment