Start a new topic
Solved

com.wikitude.common.PlatformService error

Hi,

i have this when i launch the AR activity : "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'com.wikitude.common.PlatformService com.wikitude.common.services.internal.ServiceManagerInternal.getService(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference" and i don't know what's this mean. please i need help.

HI Omar,

would you mind sharing the code of your Activity with me. I'd like to have a look at what's going on.

The error output just means, that a function is called on a null reference; so the ServiceManagerInternal object seems to not have managed correctly. Since that function is called internally, I'm interested to find out what's causing it. I wouldn't expect this to happen.

- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the late, i i load the augmented reality in a viewGroup. Here is my code.

-Omar

cs

Good morning Omar,

I'd be interested to see which branches your app progresses through. I added some logs and would like you to re-run your app, reproduce the crash and report back to me with the output that produces. Also, it would be great to get the call stack of the crash in case you are presented one.

My guess is, that your architectView member variable is non-null, but not fully initialised somehow (i.e. missing call to lifecycle function).

- Daniel

cs

Hi

Sry for the late answer i was on vacation,  it was not wikitude, it was a problem hardware of the android.

Login or Signup to post a comment