Start a new topic

[Unity using WT 1.2.1] Alpha/Nature shaders not displaying properly

[Unity using WT 1.2.1] Alpha/Nature shaders not displaying properly

I've been having issues with alpha shaders displaying anything when I use Wikitude - my leaf branch meshes are using the 'Nature/Tree Creator Leaves' and do not display at all while tracking. My other meshes using solid shaders work fine. 

Any idea of the cause to this or any solutions? Thank you!

Bumping this - still having these issues.

Hi David, 

I apologise for the delay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I?ve reproduced it, but I don?t know why the tree shaders don?t behave correctly, while all other transparent shaders do. Would it be possible for you to use another transparent shader? I assume the issues are with are camera setup that we currently have. We do plan to simplify that, which might help with our problem as well, but I don?t have a timeframe for that right now.

Best regards, 
Alexandru

Thanks for the reply Alexandru, I'm bummed to hear but appreciate you looking into it for me. I have 100's of models with optimized tree creator leaf shaders so switching them out wouldn't be ideal but I can do so if necessary. It might bring other issues about though as I've optimized them for mobile use and other shaders may impose memory issues.

Since there's not a known timeline for this sort of fix, would you recommend trying to switch them all out if we plan on having a finished product in 3-4 months or do you think we could anticipate a fix before then?

Not sure if this helps on your end, but it looks like the shaders provided through the SpeedTree plug-in do display correctly with Wikitude, though I need to test how they work with mobile still. I'm also looking into getting the ShaderForge plug-in to create my own, but am cautious because I don't know what shader perameters would work with Wikitude. 

Hi David, 

I hope you understand that I cannot make any commitments at the moment. I've tested your issue with an internal build and it seems to be fixed, but as I've said, I don't know when it will be scheduled for release. My suggestion would be to wait for a month or two, if possible, before changing to another shader.

Best regards,
Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment