Start a new topic

Extended Tracking problem with unity extension

Extended Tracking problem with unity extension

1 person has this problem

Hi, I'm using unity and I have a problem with the extended tracking.

I created a tracker.wtc file with one image target called "test".

I set TargetPatter = "*" and TargetName1 = "test" in "SurferBehaviour" script but the 3d model disappear when the target is lost. 

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Daniele,

Did you make sure that the surrounding has enough structure? Please be aware that for extended tracking there need to be enough feature points in the surrounding of the target image.E.g. if you would try putting the image on a plain white table it won?t work, because it can?t find feature points.

Attached you find some guiding images that try to explain good, middle and bad surroundings.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi,

Unity 5.3.4 x64 - Wikitude Unity Plugin 1.2.1-1.1.0

Cell phone: LG G4 

I tested the javascript api apk and the extended tracking works.

I tested the basic unity plugin examples and this examples are works except extended tracking, I put the correct image but don't show nothing.

Greetings.-

Hi,

Can you please provide further details on what is not working as expected? Is the image recognized but the pipes are not displayed stable enough? Can you please send a video showing your issue?

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Yes i upload in youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1gGB4MHc5w

Greetings.-

Hi,

Have any modifications been made to the sample? Can you please check in the "Client Recognition - Extended Tracking" scene, in the "WikitudePipesTrackable" GameObject if the "Target Pattern" is set to "*", Extended Tracking is enabled and "Targets For Extended Tracking" has Size 1 and "Element 0" set to "*". Also, are the "On Enter Field Of Vision" and "On Exit Field Of Vision" properly set, with no missing references?

Best regards,

Alexandru Florea

Hi Alexandru,

I don't do any modifcation, i just only install the apk demo in the build folder of the Unity Plugin (Unity-Wikitude_1.2.1-1.1.0_2016_03_21_16_40_46Examples\Build\WikitudeUnityExample.apk).

Greetings.-

Hi,

This is strange, as I cannot reproduce it on the devices we have. Are there any error messages printed in the log? I will continue to investigate it, but if you have any updates or additional info, please let us know.

Best regards, 

Alexandru
Login or Signup to post a comment