Start a new topic

Wikitude Unity 5 Plug-in

Wikitude Unity 5 Plug-in

Hello,

I'm trying to create an animation to play in Unity 5 using the Wikitude plugin for Unity, but as soon as I hit the play button it switches to Game view with just a blue screen and the model disappears from Scene view. I don't get any errors in the console and when I build and export to Android it shows the model on my target but it isn't animated. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thx for reaching out. Preview in Unity Editor in not supported yet. Animation should work, perhaps the Animation is setup wrong in Unity. To test if the animation is working in the Unity Preview, the WikitudeCamera needs to be disabled and a regular Camera needs to be added to the Scene.

Greetings

Nicola

Hi Jonathan,

A beta version of SDK 8 is now available for developers on the download page.  Unity developers will be pleased to know that SDK 8 added AR-view functionality to the Unity editor. Being able to test and tweak your augmented reality project, hassle-free, during app creation greatly reduces development and prototyping time.

Additionally, developers can use the Unity Remote feature to test Instant Tracking using a remote camera (e.g. a smartphone or tablet).

Greetings

Nicola

Login or Signup to post a comment